Monday, May 5, 2014

Woo Hoo!

Woo hoo! Finally here!!!  We get to skype!!!  I will call you during the week to figure out what day and time works best, I am soo excited!!  And can you believe already at 9 months here in two weeks!!  So weird. 

News:
Unfortunately my dear companion Sister Ferreira left me :(.  Fortunately I am still here in Pajuçara!  and not really sure if it is unfortunately or fortunately but I am training! a sister from Ecuador!  What? haha It makes me laugh a little thinking we have an american and ecuadoriana walking the streets in Brazil, but it´s fun.  A learning experience for everyone, that´s for sure.

Other news:
I have lice.... The good news in this is that I get to go to the salon to remove the lice and they will do my hair :) Pretty much everyone here has lice in Pajuçara (at least all of the little kids) and all of the sisters who already served here had it at one point too) also... mom if you could put money in my acount so that I can pay that would be great :) ha if you can... THANK YOU!!!

This week was a little rough because Sister Mometto finished her mission and went home (I already miss her like crazy!) and Sister Ferreira left me in Pajuçara, and I started training someone who speaks spanish, and I hadn´t been sleeping well the last week, and my head started spinning because I was going crazy.  Fortunately, I have the best companions in the whole world and Sister Morais visited me yesterday to help with our Sunday and we got to sleep in our hammocks last night and talk in the other room.  It was a blessing that she came to help because Sunday is always the most hectic day ever! My poor companion I think had no idea what was going on and I sent her with a member the take some investigators to church while I waited with Sister Morais for our investigators who would be baptized to get back home after their trip!  We waited 3 hours and finally (in literally the last possible minutes) Henrique got home and we all went to the stake center for the baptisms!  They are our first young men that we have baptized here and I am so excited!  Seriously Pajuçara is growing so much and I love working so hard and watching our little group grow!  On the other topic I have seriously been blessed with the best companions ever so I have no doubt Sister Palacios (my new companion) won´t be an exception.  But I am already planning my future visits to Brazil to visit Sister Mometto (Sao Paulo) Sister Ferreira (campinas) and Sister Morais (Maceio).  

My email this week is kind of a mess of thoughts, as normal, and is reflecting my state of mind.  But I sent a bunch of pictures so hopefully that makes up for it!  

I am so excited to skype you guys!  I am so grateful for this work, for the opportunity I have to be a missionary, for my companions, for my family, for my Savior.  I pray that everyone and everything is well at home!  

Sister Westover

Wesley and Henrique.. they are so awesome!  I love them!



                                                             When we got to eat mac! 
                 
                                     My district when I was with SIster Ferreira! I love these people!
 
                                             Socorro's baptism! (I think almost 2 months ago)


                                                      Pajucara baptismo da Aurenir :)

                                                  Baptisms of Mauri and José Mesenga            



                                   SIster Lima (absolutely LOVE her!) One of the sisters that lives with me.

                                             Our last day together with Sister Ferreira



No comments:

Post a Comment