Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"What my mom taught me"



It was SO GOOD to see the fam!!! Sheesh, que saudades!  If I could skype every couple of weeks I think I would stay on my mission forever!  It was so great to talk to you guys (Sky I missed you tons!!) and to see everyone and at the same time it reminded me why I am here, what I am doing, and that I wouldn´t rather be anywhere else in the world right now!  It was a good little  boost that I was needing :)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!  I was thinking a lot about you this week and everything that you taught me over the years to allow me to be the person, and missionary that I am now!  Here are some of the things that help me each and every day:

1. Be happy.  Life is better when you are smiling, when you are laughing, when  you are genuinely happy!  Yes, we all face trials and difficulties in life, but life is to be enjoyed!  I have so many moments when I could choose to be sad and tired and give up a little, but I remember that I am the daughter of Kimberli Westover, and I am extremely blessed, I have absolutely no reason in the world not to be happy, and this lets me keep going strong!

2. Count your blessings.  In everything we do there will be opposition so life is clearly better when you choose to find the good.  Many times we create the challenges in our lives because of weakness, or mistakes, but even then, we can learn and move forward and turn it into a good thing! 

3. Don´t worry about what you can´t change, and what you can change... change!  I have to admit that I am no less stressed out here on the mission... but on the upside, I am working hard to change what I can!  Our purpose here is to learn and grow and so sometimes we have to learn to let go and other times we have to learn to push through.  Learn to recognize the difference.

4. Serve.  I think that I may be one of the few missionaries who has been blessed with the greatest companions ever!  I don´t think that it is because my companions have all been exceptionally more miraculous than the other missionaries (although they have all been amazing) but rather because we learn to love when we serve!  We are all a part of God´s family, we are his children and so when we do good to his other children (our brothers and sisters) we naturally feel God´s love for them!  This also help us forget ourselves and be changed! Service is magic!

5. Sing... and dance when no one is looking (in the case you are on a mission).  Music sets the tone for everything!  There are only two things that we remember in this life naturally: music and smell.  This must be why I wake up some mornings hearing moms voice singing me to get up.  I have learned that to invite the spirit, to lift hearts, to express or insite happiness music is key much of the time!  If you are feeling a little down try singing at the top of your lungs... I don´t think it´s possible to stay that way for long!

6.  Put God first.  I have learned a ton of things from my mom over the years.  A TON... like I would have a list in the thousands if I had the time but of everything that I have learned the most important is that no matter what we go through in life, who is in our life, what is happening, the key is to always put God first.  He gave us life, He gave us these moments of happiness, of opportunity, of growth, of love and he is always rooting us on.  He is a loving, perfect father in heaven who gives us all that we are needing if we only seek him.  If we put God first in all we do we will be smarter, we will be prettier, we will be more blessed (in ALL things, spiritually and temporally), we will be happier, we will reach our true limitless potential.

I love you Mom! Thanks for all that you do!

Sister Westover

                                                :) woo hoo! and new hair! Thanks mom!



        Aurenir... LOVE HER!  She made me the dress that I used today for the conference with Elder Andersen!

                                             Larissa... at stake conference with Elder Andersen!

                                Sister Palacios and I today at the conference!  My hispanic daughter!

                                            I look so white next to Sister Ferreira... but love her!!

                     
Sister Hart!  My love <3 We decided we will live together after the mission woo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment