Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mission Week 4


Hi Hi!!!!

Okay so I sent pictures first because I never have enough time to send them all! Which means shorter email... unless I type super fast!
She gets to sing during General Conference! (her with her music) So keep your eyes out for her :)

First: I have been thinking about Corinne this week and want and address to write here! Also Thomas!
Thanks so much to: Eric, Taylor, Kevin, Ellis's, Lisa, and family for packages and letters! they are so fun and I can't tell you how excited I get to get mail and how much I appreciate you all for taking the time to send me goodies :).
Sister Hardester, Sister Westover, Elder Baird (her cousin)

This week has been good! It felt like it really flew by!! I have already been here for one month! so crazy!! I can really see why everyone says a mission flies by!  We have had some really fun and really spiritual experiences this week.  I thought while we were at devotional, one of the first weeks here, what a testament all of these people are to how important this work is. Seriously.  Looking out at 4,000 18-21 year olds that are sitting in Sunday clothes every day of the week and going through this training to learn a new language and go wherever the are asked to go and love it.... I don't think you could find this anywhere else on earth, and there is no greater cause that could make this happen than what we are here for!  Devotional this Tuesday was AWESOME.  They talked on becoming a missionary and why we are here.  The choir sang Joseph Smith's first prayer and it was the best version I've ever sang! When we sang "Joseph, this is my beloved, hear him" the spirit was so amazing and I just had this overwhelming feeling of how true and what a blessing this story is!
 temple with the other sisters

Anyway, one thing that the speaker (Gregory A. Schwitzer) said was that we are here to touch the hearts of people and to relieve the sorrow of the world, one missionary at a time.  That really spoke to me because that is exactly what I hope to do.  Sometimes I feel like I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders and it is too hard, and too heavy for any individual to do.  That is why we have our Savior.  After Devo we had a district discussion about it and I told them about the shootings at the clackamas mall and the accident in which Drake passed away and how at that time I felt so sad and it was so hard for me to think I live in this world of tragedy.  But then that night that I was struggling Eric came over and we played Christmas songs on the guitar and sang and I think it is no coincidence that through the songs of Christ, I could find solace.  Matthew 11:28-30 says: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  I LOVE this!!  We have someone willing to bear our burdens because we cannot carry them on our own; they are not our burden to carry!  So learn to rely our Christ and give your struggles and sorrows to him!
Sister Lewis (roommate freshman year)

One of the Elders in our district got a Dear Elder from his dad and he told him that there had been a shooting in the naval yard in DC and that 13 people had died.  That night in the residence all of the sisters in our zone decided to gather together and say a prayer for those affected.  I wrote in my journal: "I felt impressed to say the prayer for some reason and I honestly don't remember everything I said but I know the spirit brought the thoughts and words to my mind and mouth.  We were all squished in our little dorm room but I know that there were more individuals in here than we could see.  As tears ran down my cheeks I felt so strongly the presence of angels watching over us and testifying to our hearts that we are doing the right thing and bringing strength to us in this time of need so that we might understand the sacredness of our calling as representatives of Jesus Christ, to stand as a beacon of light and hope and truth to all the world and especially to those who are seeking it."  It was such an amazing experience and one unlike I have ever had before!
Birthday party in the district

Okay well back to normal person stuff:  I hurt my hip playing soccer so I'm going to a physical therapist on Monday just to make sure that I won't deal with anything off and on during my mission.  Also, I don't think I every got a missionary plaque...? I don't know if I spelled that right because that brings me to my next point: I need floss! haha My tender mercy this week was getting to host Lindsey and see Brooklynn!!!!!! greatest moment ever!!!!!!! AH it was the BEST!!!!

Okay I love you all so so much!!!
Thought for the week: "There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save... are we doing all we should?"-Pres.Monson
and Watch Daily Bread by elder Christofferson!!! They are the best videos (like three short videos so everyone watch them!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE,
Sister Brittany Westover
p.s. sorry pretty much this whole things was spiritual and not really funny. I'll try to balance it out haha.




Found Elder....Tanner....! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment